What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a skin condition affecting the elbows, knees, lower legs, feet, toes, and sometimes the scalp. Psoriasis is classified as an autoimmune disease.
Psoriasis is described as an accelerated growth of skin cells. Normally the replacement of new cells in the dermis, take approx 30 days to grow. Psoriatic skin cells are rapidly replaced within approx. 6 days.
This overabundance of cells creates red, scaly skin patches that can be itchy. If you scratch the silvery white, scaly bumps of skin, they may bleed, adding to the aggravation of the annoying, and sometimes painful, condition.
Types of Toe and Foot Psoriasis
- Plaque Psoriasis: red bumps with scaly flakes of skin; sometimes itchy; can often become inflamed, if scratched.
- Nail Psoriasis: creates dents or pits in the toenails; toenails start to crumble and turn yellow, even fall off. (Secondary infections are problematic).
- Psoriatic Arthritis: this type often shows up in people who have arthritis in their toes and feet.
- Pustular Psoriasis: this type has little pockets of pus erupting from the skin. Most of these patients will have a fever and may need hospitalization. The feet are extremely sore, making it difficult to walk.
Other types of Psoriasis, not normally found on the feet and toes include: Guttate, Erythodermic, Flexural and Scalp Psoriasis.
Most people with any of the above types of Psoriasis become embarrassed by the unsightly condition and try to hide the affected skin area. Some individuals become physiologically affected and show signs of emotional distress.
Causes of Psoriasis:
There are several causes of Psoriasis, so you will need to look a the individual's history to determine that specific case:
- Genetics play a big role - check the family history for Psoriasis
- A weakened immune system can be a contributing factor
- A reaction to excessive medications
- Beta Blockers (high blood pressure medication)
- Climatic changes
What can Prolotex™ Socks do for Toe Psoriasis?
Prolotex™ FIR Socks are different than other socks because they are made with a special bio-ceramic thread that gives off Far Infrared energy waves.
Far Infrared energy has very beneficial healing properties and will help to reduce toe and foot Psoriasis. FIR will ease the itching and help fight bacterial infections, so your Psoriatic toes stay cleaner.
FREE Tips To Help Treat Toe and Foot Psoriasis:
- Check out your family history for toe and foot Psoriasis flare-ups. It could be hereditary for you
- Keep your feet and toes clean.
- Psoriasis can be difficult to treat, as there is no known cure, yet. You may benefit from discussing your situation with your physician.
- Are you stressed out? Maybe you need to take breather from your daily routine to give your immune system a chance to rebuild.
- Use Prolotex™ Far Infrared Socks to help reduce bacterial skin infections.