Causes of Heel Pain
Common causes of heel pain include arthritis, tarsal tunnel syndrome, sciatica, stress fractures, entrapment of the lateral plantar nerve, sever's disease, and of course, plantar fasciitis.
Sciatica pain can be felt down the leg and into heel of your foot. Sciatica pain symptoms may be caused by general compression and/or irritation of one of five nerve roots that give rise to the sciatic nerve, or by compression or irritation of the sciatic nerve itself.
Lateral Plantar Nerve Entrapment: A squeezing or squishing of the lateral plantar nerve. This nerve passes through the tarsal tunnel between the abductor hallusis muscle and the quadratus planus muscle. Entrapment of this nerve causes pain in under the heel on the inside (medial aspect) and up into the inside of the ankle.
Sever's disease (also called calcaneal apophysitis) is the most common cause of heel pain in children (7-10 years) and teenagers (12-15 years). Pain is caused by repetitive stresses to the growth plates of the heel bone.
Relief of Heel Pain Found!
Far Infrared Socks are very helpful in relieving pain in your heels and feet. The natural Far Infrared energy emitted from the bio-ceramics in the sock fibers have been very effective in reducing pain and inflammation.
Bio Ceramic Prolotex™ Socks are a non-invasive treatment and certainly a safe, effective solution for your heel pain. The Infrared energy from the socks are very effective at reducing inflammation and aids in the healing and rejuvenation of bone, cartilage, and tendon & ligament fibers.
Reduce the pain in your heels - Prolotex™ FIR Socks!
Just by wearing the Infrared Socks, your pain and suffering will be eased. And, good news, you can wear these socks at night, too. Socks are washable.
Depending on the severity of the tissue damage, inflammation, and level of injury, healing, and tissue restoration may take longer for some. Prolotex™ Far Infrared Socks do help to speed up this healing process and get you back in action faster than not wearing them.
Prolotex™ FIR Energy Socks are classy enough to wear like dress socks and supportive enough to use during your sports activities. Best of all... they do help soothe your heel pain!
FREE Tips to Treat Heel Pain
- Take a load off! Put your feet up - take a break - especially at the beginning when you first feel pain in your heels.
- Wear Prolotex™ Far Infrared Socks to stimulate natural healing and cell rejuvenation.
- If the pain is severe in the beginning - Ice packs (a bag of frozen peas works well) will help to reduce initial swelling.
- Gentle stretching and strengthening exercises will help to increase flexibility of tendons and ligaments.
- Your doctor may suggest several foot massages.
- Drink plenty of fresh water to aid the circulatory system.
- Wear supportive shoes - avoid going barefoot.
- If you are overweight, make an effort to shed a few pounds. Your feet will like you for it.
- Wear a fresh, clean pair of Prolotex™ Far Infrared Socks every day, to help improve the circulation in your feet and reduce your heel pain.